Good intermediate school leaving certificate or higher-level diploma
Would you like to participate in trade fairs and events, and learn what it means to organise events? If so, then training as an Event Management Assistant at Koelnmesse is definitely something for you.
Every year Koelnmesse trains up to six Event Management Assistants. During the two-and-a-half-year training period, which starts on 1 August each year, you will be familiarised with various areas of Koelnmesse on the job from experienced colleagues, such as trade fair management, event design, marketing communication, purchasing and customer service.
The schooling portion of the apprenticeship includes subjects such as event management, controlling and data processing for one and a half days each week. You will combine practical and theoretical knowledge and, after completing your apprenticeship, you will be ready to take on a variety of commercial activities in the trade fair and event environment.
We accept applications starting each autumn for the upcoming apprenticeship year. You will then find the job offer in our job exchange.
The apprenticeship at a glance
2.5 years starting on 1 August each year
One and a half school days per week at DuMont Berufskolleg in Cologne
Every autumn for the following apprenticeship year via the job exchange
1. Application via the Koelnmesse job exchange
2. Recruitment test
3. Two personal meetings
4. Contract offer
Further information on the application process: interview with Ms Ambrosius; Human Resources Development Officer
Examples of specialist areas and typical activities at Koelnmesse as part of the apprenticeship programme
- Supporting project teams in the preparation of various trade fairs
- Correspondence, scheduling and office organisation
- Supporting visitors and exhibitors at the Service Center on site
- Supporting own projects
- Support in the organisation and supervision of special areas and events, e.g. speakers corners, forums, award ceremonies and shows
- • Organisational support in the planning and construction management of various event design projects
- Support in the preparation and holding of international press conferences
- Accreditation of bloggers and journalists
Possible vocational school subjects
- • Event management
- Service processes
- Management and controlling
- Data processing
Would you like to gain even better insight into apprenticeships at Koelnmesse and find out what makes this vocational training special? If so, then take a look here: Insight into the everyday life of an apprentice