Traffic relief, better trade fair logistics and one of the architecturally most beautiful multi-storey car parks in Germany
The traffic situation is significantly more relaxed even at major events due to the direct
connection of the new multi-storey car park to the Zoobrücke bridge and time-saving entry and exit possibilities. However, the car park with over 3,250 parking spaces is far more than the five parking levels initially suggest: The ground floor provides extensive logistics space for the traffic required for assembly and disassembly. In the future, the digital traffic management system will allocate registered truck slots outside and inside the exhibition grounds and route them to the exhibition hall just in time. Without waiting times and backlogs.
The car park at a glance:
- Client: Koelnmesse GmbH
- Total contractor: Deutsche Industrie und Parkhausbau GmbH
- Architects: schultearchitekten; North facade: wulf architekten gmbh
- Parking spaces: over 3,200 car parking spaces including 10 electric car charging bays and installations for an additional 30 future connections
- Logistics area with central truck registration and customs clearance
- Start of construction: August 22, 2016
- Opening of first section: September 13, 2017
- Overall completion: June 2018
Read more about the new Car Park Zoobrücke.