THE TIRE COLOGNE is postponed to May 2021, photokina, CCXP COLOGNE, insureNXTICGN and PerMediCon are cancelled
The agreement reached on 16 March 2020 between the German federal government and the governments of the German states - laying down common guidelines for dealing with the coronavirus epidemic and explicitly including the general closure of trade fairs and exhibitions - will affect planning security for Koelnmesse and the participants in the trade fairs in Cologne, far beyond the range of current scenarios.
Against this backdrop, the management team at Koelnmesse decided not to hold any Koelnmesse events of its own through the end of June 2020. This decision is supported by the Crisis Team of the City of Cologne, which at its meeting on 18 March 2020 also recommended cancelling trade fairs during this period.
In addition to the decisions already taken with respect to ART COLOGNE, h+h cologne and the INTERNATIONAL HARDWARE FAIR, the following trade fairs are affected:
- insureNXTICGN (Congress Fair Insurance Industry originally 21 to 22 April 2020) has been cancelled; the next time it will be held is 21 to 22 April 2021
- photokina (Photo, Video, Imaging originally 27 to 30 May 2020) has been cancelled; the next time it will be held is 18 to 21 May 2022
- THE TIRE COLOGNE (Tire Trade Fair originally 09 to 12 June 2020) has been postponed to 18 to 20 May 2021.
- PerMediCon (Congress Fair Personalised Medicine originally 09 to 10 June 2020) has been cancelled; the next time it will be held will be announced at a later date.
- CCXP COLOGNE (Pop culture festival originally 26 to 28 June 2020) has been cancelled; the next time it will be held is 25 to 27 June 2021.
By taking these steps, we are setting the course for the next trade fair dates at an early stage, creating clarity for our customers and ensuring that they can adequately prepare for their sector events.
The sectors involved have all expressed very positive opinions and have promised their full support for the next dates.