More information can be found on the websites of the following institutions:
News about the Corona virus
Dear Koelnmesse Customers and Partners,
We continue to be optimally prepared for trade fair operations on site in Cologne: in compliance with the terms of the Coronavirus Protection Ordinance of the German State of North Rhine-Westphalia and in close coordination with the authorities in Cologne, we have drawn up measures for our trade fairs in Cologne that will seamlessly intermesh and govern the way we interact at the trade fair. Our goal is to provide the highest and most professional level of safety while creating an environment, in which our customers’ business can grow again. We are ready for the re-start and are convinced, with this comprehensive catalogue of measures in place, we will be in a position to organise trade fairs in Cologne soon again.
Get a picture of our measures, which we have summarized under the keyword #B-SAFE4business . We remain convinced that, if all parties involved behave prudently, trade fairs can be held safely and successfully under new circumstances and subject to appropriate conditions. As event professionals, we see ourselves in a position to create framework conditions suitable to trade fairs, even in times such as these:
- Trade fairs with a B2B orientation are fundamentally different to sporting events and funfairs. With trade fairs, the focus is on personal conversations and business contacts.
- In keeping with this, the German government classifies exhibitors and visitors as "business travelers with an important reason". There is thus formally no longer a fundamental obstacle to participating in a trade fair in Germany. Find more information here.
- We are convinced that our trade fairs offer exhibitors and visitors ideal platforms for accelerating their return to business and for a rapid success after the crisis.
- We are also convinced that the participants of our trade fairs are aware of their responsibility and will stick to the safety regulations and precautionary measures.
- In Cologne, hotels, restaurants, transport companies and retailers have been familiar with the special features of the trade fair business for many years and prepare carefully for the return of their guests and customers.
- As central business platforms, trade fairs offer an indispensable way to quickly and sustainably return the economy to the greatest possible normalcy.
- Production, logistics, sales and communication will change, networking of the players, reactivation of economic relationships and the establishment of new business will be more important than ever before. It is essential for all market participants to actively prepare for this now.
We have an obligation to our customers and their sectors to offer them favourable prospects once again. The Koelnmesse event teams look forward to welcoming you to the trade fair grounds in Cologne.
You can find our current trade fair dates here.
Trade fair associations at the German, European and global levels are campaigning in public and amongst political decision-makers for an restart of trade fairs in Germany and worldwide. Together with the trade fair sector, they have developed the appropriate framework conditions and measures and introduced these to the public. The details of these conditions can be found here:
Cologne is well prepared to welcome its trade fair guests and offer them a pleasant stay of the best possible quality, even under the current conditions. Public life is working – with strict adherence to official rules and with responsible behaviour by local citizens and non-resident guests.
- All responsible owners and institutions have developed and implemented measures and concepts for the safest possible handling of each other in accordance with the regulations of the German federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- In public transportation, in stores or doctor's surgeries, there is an obligation to wear a medical mask. The city of Cologne recommends that people generally wear a mouth nose protection in public places. Anyone travelling in places where a mouth nose protection is mandatory, e.g. in shops, without appropriate protection will be punished by a fine.
- In Cologne and the surrounding region, a minimum distance of 1.5 metres must always be kept between people in public spaces. There are exceptions for families and members of the same household.
- Public transport – buses, trains and taxis – is running. The nearby Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt airports are in operation.
- Passengers on buses and trains must also wear a medical mouth nose protection. Non-compliance with this rule is a punishable offence. Permanent air exchange is ensured in the vehicles.
- Hotels are implementing individual hygiene concepts that are based on the same rules. The individual establishments are happy to provide information about these.
As of 16.06.2021